- Constructed of optically clear 3/8” jeweled acrylic plastic.
- Front viewing sash with multiple air foils for higher containment and draft deflectors.
- Includes phenolic base with superior chemical resistance and provides higher analytical balance stabilization. Low vibrations. The black base allows for easy powder detection.
- Electrical cord outlet port.
- Adjustable front draft protection.
- Side blank plate for optional Bag-In / Bag-Out port (pn 900-VBE/BIBO)
- Each balance enclosure includes face velocity alarm.
Ventilated Balance EnclosuresLow Velocity Fume Hoods
The PLAS-LABS’ HEPA filtered ventilated balance enclosures are the latest in self contained laboratory processing products. The VBE Series is ideal for workingwith fine powders, and chemical and biological products.
These portable ventilated balance enclosures include top mounted HEPA/Blower filtration. They are set-up to circulate the internal atmosphere into the lab, attach to our 900-EXTRACT Extraction Unit, or attached to your house exhaust system.
The smooth curved, or rounded, ABS™ airfoils provide gentle, unobstructed air flow through rear baffles and through the top mounted HEPA filter.
The ventilated balance enclosure provides minimal laboratory space and minimal energy usage.
Watch an informative video on the Low Velocity
Fume Hoods here.
Standard Features of the Ventilated Balance Enclosures:
Inner work surface:
23.5" wide x 21" deep
24" wide x 28" deep x 41" high
Inner work surface:
35.5" wide x 21" deep
36" wide x 28" deep x 41" high
Inner work surface:
47.5" wide x 21" deep
48" wide x 28" deep x 41" high
HEPA Filters: Aluminum frame with upstream/downstream polyurethane gasket. 100 mm thick pleat requires fewer filter change outs and increased longevity. Rate 99.995% @ 0.3 microns (H14). Easy HEPA filter replacement.
Blowers: High efficiency backward curved impeller. Variable speed controller. IP44 protection as per EN60034-5. Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC
Exhaust Duct: 6” OD port can be hard-ducted, thimble connected, exhausted back into the room, or exhausted out of a mobile laboratory.
Energy and Sound Blower current 0.53 amps. <55 dBA @ 80 FPM
Airflow Target face velocity: 80 FPM. Non-turbulent, gentle airflow sweeps particulates into the rear baffle.
Air Flow Alarm Features:
- Adds additional security needed for your laboratory researchers.
- Continuous tracking of air velocities within the balance enclosure.
- Includes next generation airflow alarm technology.
- Audible and visual alarm functions.
- Includes 110 volt adapter
|Airflow velocity range:||40 - 2,000 fpm|
|Response time:||< 1 second|
|Alarm indicators:||LED light & audible Piezo|
|Turbulence warning:||Flashing yellow LED rest switch|
|System failure:||Red flasing LED|
|System healthy:||Green solid LED|
Air Flow Alarm system
Most Popular Accessories
Bag-In / Bag-Out Port
800-BIBO/PORT, Bag-In / Bag-Out port includes a long ArmorFlex TM polypropylene bag (48” long) for safe removal of trash and unwanted debris.
Unwanted debris and trash are always contained and are never exposed outside of the containment isolator. Bag port is 6” OD clear acrylic with two machined grooves for bag placement.
Bag Port Crimper Tool
The 800-BIBO/CRIMPER allows you to safely and securely remove, and seal, used HEPA filters. HEPA filters are removed from the inside of the glove box, through the transfer chamber, and into the Bag-In / Bag-Out port. The used HEPA filters are never exposed to the laboratory atmosphere or the researcher.
Adjustable Lift Tables
Adjustable Height Lift Tables with locking casters.
Height range: 25” to 45” (635mm x 1143mm)
Maximum Weight: 330 lbs. (149 kilos)
Adjustable lift table for 900-VBE/24
Adjustable lift table for 900-VBE/36
Adjustable lift table for 900-VBE/48
Adjustable lift table for 900-VBE/60
900-LVFH/36 with 900-CARTLIFT/36
900-EXTRACT, Extraction Unit is a variable speed suction housing that includes your choice of filters such as HEPA or Impregnated Carbon. Suction speeds can be adjusted from “0” up to 250 CFM face velocity.
|900-LVFH/HEPA, HEPA Filter||
900-LVFH/CARBN(A), Alkaline type fumes.
900-LVFH/Carbon, Impregnated carbon filter.
900-LVFH/CARBN(B), Ammonia or amines.
900-LVFH/HEPA/CARB, Combination. HEPA / Non-Impregnated Carbon Filter.
900-LVFH/CARBN(C) Aromatic hydrocarbons,organic vapors, keytones, alcohols, organicacids, and odors.
Low Velocity, non-HEPA filtered Fume Hoods
This Low Velocity Fume Hood system has been developed in response to customer requests and suggestions for improvements to the original product currently offered in the market place.
These units can be used with your in-house exhaust system or our accessory #900-EXTRACT, Fume Extraction Unit. All units are ANSI/ASHRAE 110:2016 Certified. You can select either HEPA or Activated Carbon filters (or a combination of both) for the Extraction Unit. Three (3) styles of Carbon are available.
All Low Velocity Fume Hoods include:
- Standard 24 month warranty (Not consumables; i.e. filters).
- Units are fabricated out of .375” (9.5 mm) thick optically clear acrylic plastic.
- Hinged (two  position) front sash with draft deflector.
- Formed horizontal lower front airfoil.
- Two (2) formed vertical air foils with draft deflectors.
- Bright white acrylic bottom work surface.
- Two (2) side wall cable ports at 1.5”Ø (38 mm).
- Six (6”) inch Ø (about 152 mm) exhaust hook up.
- The exhaust hose is smooth bore inside and is six (6”) inch (152mm) Ø x eight (8’) feet (2,440 mm) long.
Our hoods are unique in that they include both horizontal and vertical “air foils” taking advantage of a“venturi” effect. They also feature rounded rear corners to guide and facilitate inner atmosphere exhaust efficiency.
The exhaust hose has a “smooth bore” interior, which minimizes air flow exhaust restrictions, is chemically resistant, FDA approved, and is included with the main work housing. It may be attached directly to your house exhaust system.
Low Velocity, non-HEPA filtered, Fume Hood options
Work Surface: 23.25" x 19" deep
Outside dimensions: 24" wide x 27" deep x 28" high
Work Surface: 35.25" x 19" deep
Outside dimensions: 36" wide x 27" deep x 28" high
Work Surface: 47.25" x 19" deep
Outside dimensions: 48" wide x 27" deep x 28" high
900-LVFH/36 shown with optional 900-EXTRACT Extraction Unit and optional support cart.
Custom Service/Maintenance Schedules.
- New Product Development.
- Customized Operator Manuals.
- F.A.T. Documentation.
- I.Q. & O.Q. Documentation.
- Third Party Certification.
- On Site Training.
Various Materials of Construction, Eg., Light Sensitive Protection, Stainless Steel, Static-Dissipative Acrylic, Clear PVC, and PETG.