- Match die-molded animal housings. With autoclavable or steam cleaning capabilities.
- Stainless steel support frame (trolley) with casters, brakes and locks.
- Removable polycarbonate front door with slip-a-part stainless steel hinges.
- High temperature gasket material.
- Electrical control panel can be removed during cleaning.
- Digital temperature controller and thermocouple.
- Red heat lamp with adjustable intensity.
- Gravity fed stainless steel feeder chute and adjustable feed box with sight gauge. Capacity: 6 to 12 pounds. (Depends on size of cubicle)
- Gravity fed adjustable watering “T” with two or three water cups. All stainless steel.
- Fast acting “squeeze” adjuster for the watering “T”.
- Stainless steel floor grid.
- Formed white waste pan with rounded corners.
- Lower “trap” door for removing the waste pan. No disruption of the birds.
- Cylindrical H.E.P.A. filters for air make up and exhaust. Allowing for easy and quick filter changing.
- Reusable (hand washable) polyester pre-filters rated MERV 4.
- Squirrel cage blower for air make up or exhaust. Negative pressure standard, but positive pressure is available upon request. Includes an orifice for testing the H.E.P.A. efficiency. “DOP/PAO” testing capable.
- Electrical set-up for either 115-120 or 220-240 volts.
- Standard Plas n Labs’ 12 month warranty against defective materials and workmanship. (Not the gloves or the filters).
Poultry IsolatorsDesigned to protect both your fowl, and your personnel.
The Plas-Labs’ goal pertaining to H.E.P.A. filtration of its chambers is to ensure absolute filtration, yet make filter change-over simple and quick. Both the H.E.P.A. filter and blue pre-filters can be changed in seconds.
These poultry isolation units are designed to protect both your fowl and personnel from cross contamination. They are ideal for either acute or chronic studies. The isolation cubicles are match die-molded of “hi-tech” thermoplastic allowing for autoclaving or steam sterilization. The problem of hypothermia is eliminated. Individual cubicles can be removed for cleaning, but it is not normally necessary. The polycarbonate doors are mounted using stainless steel “slip-a-part” hinges for easier cleaning.
Shown with optional escape shield
(part number: 800-PIU/ES)
Standard Features of the Poultry Isolators:
Number of cubicles
30" x 30" x 30"
Each cubicle: 30 x 30 x 30"
36" x 36" x 36"
Each cubicle: 36 x 36 x 36"
Housing Feeder & Watering Details
Feeder box in lower position. Seated in lower bracket for younger chicks.
Revised glove port plug, prevents birds from getting into glove port and suffocating.
Stainless steel feeder chute.
Stainless steel feed box with sight gauge. (Elevated position).
Removable stainless steel grid floor.
New “Coiled” flexible water hose can easily be attached to your house water supply.
New “Squeeze” adjustment for raising and lowering the water “T” system.
Stainless steel watering cups and “T” bar.
Optional Accessories for the Poultry Isolation Units:
- Ambidextrous white Hypalon gloves. Glove port plugs are included. Plugs prevent birds from entering ports and suffocating. (Catalog: 800-PIU/PORTS)
- Access port for removing sick, injured, or dead birds. (Catalog: 800-PIU/ACCESS/P)
- Interior “anti-escape” shield (polycarbonate). Catalog: 800-PIU/ES
REMOVABLE WASTE PAN AND LOWER TRAP DOOR (Included)
- Each housing cubicle includes a formed white plastic waste pan that is removable without disturbing your birds.
- The lower trap door is standard, but can be eliminated if the customer prefers.
- New “Sealed” living hinge for lower trap clean-out door.
800-PIU/PORTS White hypalon ambidextrous gloves and ports.
800-PIU/ACCESS/P, Access port with inner and outer doors.
800-PIU/ACCESS/D. Flat access door only.
800-PIU/ES, Escape Shield
HEPA Filter & Exhaust Blower Housing Details
- Choose negative or positive pressure set-up. Pressure direction is determined by end-user’s requirements.
- Filter housings have stainless steel “slip-a-part” hinges and clamps for easy removal when cleaning.
- Cylindrical H.E.P.A. filters are 8” (203 mm) in diameter. 99.99% @ .3μm .
- The blower housing also has the same “slip-a-part” hinge and clamping system.
- Pre-filters are hand washable, three (.5μ) micron spun polyester.
Removable Electric Control Panel
All electrical controls are mounted on a stainless steel panel that can be removed in seconds for cleaning the isolation unit. Using our unique “Key Way” technique, no tools are required.
- Two (2) upper “Key Way” slots for mounting or removing control panel.
- New digital heat control module, #DBS 1000 for upper housing thermocouple. Just push a button and scroll to your desired temperature.
- Temperature thermocouple. The tip is placed inside the exhaust H.E.P.A. filter housing. Same on the bottom H.E.P.A.
- Electrical sockets for both the upper heat lamp and blower.
- Variable speed controls for fans, (blowers).
- 20 Amp Ground Fault Interrupter (G.F.C.I.). Safety socket. Reset button.
- Electrical sockets for both the lower heat lamp and the blower.
- New digital heat control module, #DBS 1000 for lower housing with thermocouple. Just push a button and scroll to your desired temperature.